Tuesday 27 August 2013

THE WIDOW



THE WIDOW

There was a widow
looking through the window
remembering the days they had on the meadow
like birds with one colour
they sat higher 
on a seat of leather
holding one feather.


They met on a summer
with honey spilled on the front seat of the theatre,
he said "i'm sorry for my nature."
next thing they went out for dinner on a river
on the coast of Virginia.

They got married
so they hurried,
to a new country
in a new county,
on the coast of Kentucky.

They had twins
named, Todd and Mod,
cause they looked odd

When they were nine,
their father died,
it broke their mothers' heart,
to see his hat,
filled with air, but no one to wear.

by: Young Splendor, Naa Aku Tackie.

1 comment:

  1. All My Great Excuses

    A Funny School Poem for Kids

    From the book Revenge of the Lunch Ladies

    I started on my homework
    but my pen ran out of ink.
    My hamster ate my homework.
    My computer's on the blink.

    I accidentally dropped it
    in the soup my mom was cooking.
    My brother flushed it down the toilet
    when I wasn't looking.

    My mother ran my homework
    through the washer and the dryer.
    An airplane crashed into our house.
    My homework caught on fire.

    Tornadoes blew my notes away.
    Volcanoes struck our town.
    My notes were taken hostage
    by an evil killer clown.

    Some aliens abducted me.
    I had a shark attack.
    A pirate swiped my homework
    and refused to give it back.

    I worked on these excuses
    so darned long my teacher said,
    "I think you'll find it's easier
    to do the work instead."



    ReplyDelete